iSyn is a virtual music studio for use with Apple iPhone and iPod Touch that puts an unbelievable number of features including two studio-quailty, fully programmable virtual analog synthesizers and a drum machine in the palm of your hand! Play iSyn live with the onscreen keyboard or eight drum pads for fun live jam sessions or let iSyn do the playing for you with its grid sequencer for pattern-based music creation. iSyn can even play a beat and synth track while you jam over sequence tracks for a one-man iPhone band!
Each synthesizer is a full-featured analog modeling synth with three oscillators, a classic 24 db/oct ladder-style lowpass filter, independent filter and amp envelope generators, and full modulation routings. There's never been this much synth horsepower in an iPhone.
iSyn also includes a sample playback-based drum machine with eight kits, each containing eight samples. Drum samples include 808, 909, modular synth drums and numerous 80's drum machines. Volume and pan are individually adjustable and pitches are tunable over a wide range for crazy effects.
Two Independent Synthesizers
Each synth has:
• Three oscillators with sawtooth, pulse, sine, white noise or pink noise waves
Modulations routings: LFO->pitch, filter ADSR->cutoff, LFO->pulse width.
• Classic 24 dB/oct ladder-style lowpass filter with drive parameter.
Modulations routings: LFO->Cutoff, Filter ADSR->Cutoff.
• Amp section includes distortion with drive, asymmetry and crusher (bit reducer) parameters.
• Control matrix allows real time control of four parameters using the X/Y touch pad and forward/back and left/right tilt of iPod/iPhone.
• 32 user-editable sound storage locations.
• Eight simultaneous instruments arranged into eight user-selectable drum kits.
• Editor page allows tuning, panning and level for individual instruments.
• iSyn features one global effects unit with phaser, flanger, chorus and delay.
• Effects amount is individually settable for each of the two synths and drum machine.
• Play melodies live on keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• Play live drum patterns on eight drum pads that illuminate when tapped.
• Three 16-step grids for programming melodies and drum beats for synthesizer and drum parts.
• Store 32 projects- each project consists of 32 patterns, two synth sounds, one drum set and effects settings.
New in Version 1.1:
• Arpeggiator with hold mode, octave range and more.
• Audio/MIDI live recording. Download recorded sessions with WIFI network.
• Integrated quick help.